Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stroller Bag Number Two

Here's a new version of my stroller and diaper bag.

For the second iteration, I thought of some important criteria.

1. The bag needs to be able to fit onto a variety of strollers — not just an umbrella stroller. 
2. There is also a need for flexibility- both for the user and for a variety of users. 
I added a clip system that not only is convertible from a tote to shoulder to messenger, but is adjustable and lets the user clip the bag onto a stroller that has a crossbar. 

3. The bag should be easily washed.
Whether or not the user will wash the bag often, it definitely should be an option. I used a lightweight material for this version, though a sturdier canvas that is also soft could provide support, comfort and washability.

A test run on a Phil and Ted's stroller.

The bag can be converted into a shoulder or messenger bag. It can also be handled like a tote.

4. The bag should be easy to use. 
Storage should be ample, and the items stored should be easy to find. I made the middle, 'easy to grab' compartment smaller. 

I'm planning on having Mindy, whose storage habits I observed, test the bag for me in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment