Saturday, May 9, 2009

User Testing Results

I just got some photographs and comments back from Mindy, who tested my stroller bag and one-handed adapter.

The bag with Mindy's stroller and Romeo.

Here's what Mindy had to say:
“I like the bag and the adjustable straps...it is my green bag with some revisions. The adjustable straps were the best part. And I liked the way it carried and the way it sat on the stroller--it worked well with both strollers. The clips inside were useful.”
“What I didn’t like was the fabric (too thin and flimsy) and overall too much of it.”



Both prototypes together, on the smaller umbrella stroller.

Here's some more feedback from questions I asked her:

Did you find that you changed positions of the straps, or just kept them pretty much the same?  Yes I changed them and found that part to be easy and very useful.
Did you adjust the straps often?
Not too often. 
I need to have one of those stays on the straps for the excess.  
Yes you do need stays. 
Did you clip your water bottle to the inner clip? 
Nope, but i used one for my keys...I would prefer [a clip for the water bottle] on the outside someplace.

This feedback was really helpful. I was planning on developing it with a stiffer material, and am now looking forward to shopping for fabric. I'll have to work on considerations for bottles, and making two sizes of bags for different users' needs. Mindy also didn't use an inner, removable bag I included.

The bar adapter was not as successful. The prototype was too rough on the edges for the hand, and wasn't secure enough on the stroller handles, popping off while going up a curb. Working on these things is a must for moving forward with this prototype.

Thanks, Mindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment